Share Singh
A Lion on the Prowl for God's Bakhshish!
Wednesday, May 10, 2006
Fresh Cream Strawberry Tarts!

It was my sister’s birthday recently and I thought I should bake a cake while she was at work. It took me about 2 hours to make in total. I made everything from scratch and the joy you get out of completion of the cake is awesome, not to mention the taste. Please everyone, have a go at making these delicious cakes!

Ingredients:

Short crust pastry

Double Cream

Custard

Strawberry flavoured jelly crystals (vegetarian of course)

Strawberries

Preparation Directions

  1. Heat Oven
  2. Roll out pastry and cut circles, roughly 4-inches. Place the pastry circles into the baking tray/muffin cups. Pinch 5 equally spaced pleats around side of each cup. Prick each pastry generously with fork.
  3. Bake pastry 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes. Carefully remove from muffin cups. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
  4. Meanwhile, make custard until thick and lumpy and place in Refrigerator until cool.
  5. Also whip some cream, using Double cream and store in the Refrigerator.
  6. And make the Strawberry flavoured jelly, but this should not be solid, and should remain runny, so that you can pour it on top of the strawberries.
  7. Once everything has cooled, take the muffin cups/baking tray and fill with the cool custard, so that it fills the cup to the top.
  8. Then add the strawberries!
  9. Then the half liquid jelly, just to glaze the strawberries. Don’t worry if it spills everywhere, it adds to the effect!
  10. Then Garnish each with whipped cream topping.
  11. Ahhh, we haven’t finished yet though….place everything in the Refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
  12. Serve and Enjoy! Yummmmm!

Please enjoy the pictures below :)

I also made a big one above, looks soo yummm dont u think? hehehe!

by Pali @ 12:25 PM comments: 5

Comments:

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:00 PM:
for somebody who lives in a rainforest you sure eat well!

yummm... indeed! Tuck in, before me and my boys get there and demolish the lot.

btw, I thought shares only ate meat?

 
By Blogger Pali, at 10:40 AM:
If you are talking about Lions then yes, they do only eat meat.

 
By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:41 PM:
finally got on it! my my my wat lovely food u have! looks like i got a new chef! harpal il pay u! jus deliver my food on time! see this is wat every guy shud do..bake cakes! u did make these rite?

 
By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:56 AM:
Aight! I think I need to get away from this blog for a moment and let this fact sink in: This "Sikh" "Male" does brilliant "photography", "meditates" and super-most importatnly "cooks" such "inviting" food....

May Waheguru make more copies of this combination :P

 
By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:37 PM:
Lol ss, I was thinking on similar lines (",) these tartlets look fabulous.

 

« Main page :: Post a Comment »